AAUCM Facebook Fan/Membership Contest Rules
1. HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN: To submit an entry, go to http://www.aaucm.org/facebook/default.aspx. Entrants must complete all fields in the online entry form and submit it online. Information required on the entry form (collectively, “Entry Information”) consists of first and last name, complete address, telephone number including area code, and email address. Limit one entry per person per valid email address during the Contest Entry Period. Entries in excess of the stated limit will be rejected or disqualified and are not eligible entries.
Winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries and will be offered the Grand Prize – a One-Year AAUCM Membership. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the AAUCM. In the event of a dispute, electronic and email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address referenced in the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address at the time of entry.
AAUCM will verify receipt of entries via automated email confirmation. Incomplete entries are void. AAUCM is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries generated by any automated means that are detected as such are void.
Winner will be notified by email or postal mail. If a winner does not respond to AAUCM's notification of winning and claim the prize within 30 days that winner is subject to disqualification and forfeiture of prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is only open to any Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the practice of Urgent Care Medicine. Internet access is necessary to enter.
3. PRIZES: One Grand Prize will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a one year AAUCM membership. Prize is non-transferable. One Second Prize will be awarded. Second Prize Winner will be awarded an MP3 player. One Third Prize will be awarded. Third Prize Winner will be awarded an AAUCM logo polo shirt.
THE AAUCM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST. AS A CONDITION OF WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE, THE AAUCM AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL BE RELEASED AND DISCHARGED FROM ANY AND ALL LEGAL CLAIMS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTIONS THAT ARISE OUT OF AND/OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRIZE, THE RECEIPT, USE AND/OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE AND/OR THE CONTEST. All taxes related to prize, including income taxes, are the responsibility of the individual winner.
4. CLAIMING PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete an AAUCM Membership Application. Winner must claim prize within 30 days of AAUCM's notification of winning by submitting completed application to 2813 S. Hiawassee Rd., Suite 206, Orlando, FL 32835-6690. Upon receipt of completed application, winner will receive a membership welcome package by postal mail. Only the actual winner may claim the prize, and prize is non-transferable by winner. Failure to timely claim prize will result in the forfeiture of the unclaimed prize components, and such prize components will remain the property of AAUCM. Second Prize Winner will be contacted by email and/or phone call and prize will be mailed to recipient via U.S. Postal Mail. Third Prize Winner will be contacted by email and/or phone call and prize will be mailed to recipient via U.S. Postal Mail.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: The AAUCM will announce each winner’s name on the AAUCM web site (www.aaucm.org) and on Twitter and Facebook.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these official rules and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these official rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE. AAUCM is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize. All decisions of the AAUCM are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize, or if the selected winner fails to timely claim the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the AAUCM, in its sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries, or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. Second and Third Place Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
7. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the AAUCM which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Contest, the AAUCM reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest and to select winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. AAUCM may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, AAUCM reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation, or transmission of communications, line failure relating to theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to, or technical malfunction of, any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the AAUCM on account of technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion of any communications system on the internet, or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest. AAUCM MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND AAUCM SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
8. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and AAUCM in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. Arbitration in Orange County, Florida shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these official rules and for this Contest. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Florida in Florida County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these official rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Florida in Orange County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these official rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these official rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these official rules, log onto www.aaucm.org or send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 2813 S. Hiawassee Rd., Suite 206, Orlando, FL 32835-6690. These Official Rules will also be posted on the AAUCM’s website.
Search for Urgent Care centers near your zip code.